This recipe of Mutton is a sort of mughlai cuisine which vary from extremely mild to spicy, and is often associated with a distinctive aroma of spices. This preparation would result into a thick gravy
1/2 Kg - Mutton
2 No. - Onions (Chopped)
1 No. - Small Tomato (Paste)
1 tsp - Garlic paste
1 tsp - Ginger paste
1 No. - Green chilli
6 No. - Cloves
2 No. - Cinnamon Sticks
1 No. - Black cardamom
4 No. - Green cardamom
1 No. - Medium size Bay leaf
1 tsp - Cumin powder
1 tsp - Coriander powder
1/2 tsp - Turmeric powder
1 tsp - Red Chilli powder ( as per taste)
1 tsp - Meat masala powder
4 tsp - Mustard Oil
2 cup - water
Prestige Pressure Cooker
Step By Step Method
- In prestige pressure cooker, add mustard oil. Heat it until somkey. Lower the flame.
- Add the whole spices (Cloves, Cinnamon stick, balck cardamom, green cardamom, bay leaf)
- Add the chopped onions. Fry the onions in medium flame until pink in color.
- Shift in the mutton pieces and fry for 5 mins in low to medium flame.
- Add cummin and coriander powder in one side of the cooker, in oil. Allow it to cook for 30 secs and then mix with the mutton.
- Same way add the ginger and garlic paste in one side of the cooker, allow to cook in oil for 30 secs and then mix with the mutton. Mix well.
- Now add first red chilli powder on above it add the turmeric powder (this would give a nice red color to the preparation). Allow it to cook for 30 secs and then mix well with the mutton.
- Add tomato paste, again allow it to cook for 30 secs and mix .
- Sprinkle meat masala and salt to taste.
- Fry the mixture for 5 mins. Add water. cook until one boil. Cover the cooker and pressure cook until mutton pieces are tender. (I had to give 5 whistles).