1) Clean,wash and cut boneless chicken into half cm size pieces.
2) Marinate with ginger-garlic-chilli paste and lemon juice.
3) Peel and chop onion.
4) Heat 2 tsf oil in a deep pan and fry chopped onion and cashew till it becomes golden brown.Then fry dry coconut powder in the remaining oil and make its paste.
5) Heat remaining oil in a deep pan.Add cinnamon,tamalpatra,clove,cardamom and stirr.After that saute grated onion till it is golden brown.Then add ginger-garlic-chilli paste,turmeric powder and stirr briefly.Then add coriander and cumin powder,red chilli and mixed spices powder.Mix well and cook till the oil separates.
6) Add the marinated chicken pieces and 1 cup of water.Then add salt to taste.
7) Boil it and cover and cook till the chicken is fully done.It takes approx.10-15 min.
8) Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with rice,chapati or bread.