A rich recipe suitable in winters. One cannot have too much of it at a time.
1/2 cup almonds, soaked overnight
1/3 cup milk
4 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
3 tbsp ghee
Non Stick Kadhai
Step By Step Method
1. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the almonds. Leave aside for 5 minutes.
2. Drain and remove the skins of the almonds.
3. Purée the almonds with 4 tablespoons of milk to a smooth paste in a blender.
4. Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai and add the almond purée. Cook over a slow flame while stirring continuously till the mixture turns golden brown (approx. 15 minutes).
5. Boil together the remaining milk with 4 tablespoons of water, add to the almond mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add the sugar and cardamom powder and cook till the sugar has dissolved, while stirring continuously.
Serve hot, garnished with the almonds